
I know Mardis Gras if over and lent is upon us but if you observe this would be great for Fridays. Actually, it is great any day of the week whether you observe anything or not! How did I get this recipe, well Miss K sent a postcard to Miss D and it had this recipe for New Orleans BBQ Shrimp printed on the front. We had a "Girlz Only, No BoyZ allowed" Weekend and ate this until we were stuffed if I recall.
This dish had no relation to what most of us think of as BBQ but to die for. Lots of good fat. I have left the Chili sauce out with good results but you could add some sugar free ketchup if you want to substitute without the sugar. Herbs are dried not fresh. Stole the picture from Southern Living.
BBQ Shrimp
4-6 lbs shrimp (shells on)
3 sticks butter YES STICKS
1/2 cup olive oil
2 bay leaves crumbled
4 TBS fresh lemon juice
2TBS Worchestire sauce
4 cloves minced garlic
1TB Fresh minced parsley
2 tsp paprika
2tsp oregano
2 tsp cayenne
1 tsp hot pepper sauce
2 tsp black pepper
1/2 cup chili sauce
2 lemons sliced thin
Mix all ingredients except shrimp. Cook 10 minutes. Cool. Add shrimp marinate for at least 2-3 hours. Bake at 350 for 20-30 minutes.
1 comment:
That looks wonderful!
I'm lovin' your blog, Rory!!!
Post a Comment