Thursday, June 17, 2010

Judgment Discerment Discrimination....



Since our immersion last week I've been thinking a lot about judging. It's a topic that is sure to make every yogi in the room sit up and protest that judging is very very bad.

Is judging always negative? I may judge that glorious sunrise over the beach as spectacular. I may judge my yoga teachers as the best I have ever studied with. Does this mean that every other sun rise has been ugly, that every other yoga teacher is incompetent?

And what about discernment and discrimination. Where do they fit it on the judge-o-meter? How do we choose a path if we do not examine and weigh it? Should every decision we make be based on intuition? Do I wait for my heart to open and the world around me to vibrate before I choose to act? If that were the criteria for action I never would have started down this path.

No comments: