Sunday, November 7, 2010

My Favorite Breakfast

Ingredient List:
Eggs
Onions
Rotel   (or fresh tomatoes and chilies)
Tumeric
Cumin Seeds
Butter
Milk or water or cream

Slowly cook a little minced onion in butter
While the onions are sweating, well drain a half a can of Rotel (Level of heat is up to you and the fine people of Rotel)
Beat up 2 or 3 eggs with a little water/milk/cream... whatever floats you boat.
When onions are ready move them over in the pan then add 1/2 tsp turmeric and the same amount of whole cumin seeds to roast.
After a few seconds dump in the Rotel and stir it all up. Cook for a minute or two to dry out the Rotel.
Then dump in the eggs and scramble away.


Ugly but delish. Camera is on the fritz or I'd take a picture.  Just imagine a blob of red, green and muddy yellow eggs.  Yum.


Google Indian Scrambled eggs for recipes with measurements and variations.


You can add ginger and garlic if you wish, which is nice for lunch or a light supper dish but I skip those in the morning. Of course you can use fresh tomatoes and chilies instead of the canned Rotel.  I use the Rotel for the lycopene and because it makes the recipe go quicker.  Of course, then there is the BPA issue with canned foods.  Maybe I'll make my own or have Sara make me some next summer.

No comments: